Looking for a Cool Roof? DaVinci Roofscapes offers a selection of DaVinci EcoBlend® polymer slate and shake roofing tiles that meet the requirements of both ENERGY STAR® and Title 24 for California residents. These roofs reflect sunlight away from a structure and help keep heat from penetrating into the building below.
The following cool roof EcoBlends have been rated by the Cool Roof Rating Council to comply with ENERGY STAR® and Title 24 requirements.
Title 24 compliant: Tahoe-EcoBlend, Mountain-EcoBlend, Weathered Gray-EcoBlend, Castle Gray-EcoBlend, Brownstone-EcoBlend, and Slate Gray-EcoBlend.
ENERGY STAR® and Title 24 compliant: Castle Gray-EcoBlend and Weathered Gray-EcoBlend
- 3 Shake cool roof color blends available in Multi-Width, Single-Width, and Bellaforté profiles
- 3 Slate cool roof color blends available in Multi-Width, Single-Width, and Bellaforté profiles
- Roof surface temperatures and attic temperatures can be reduced significantly.
- By lowering attic temperatures, air conditioning costs can be reduced by as much as 10- 15% according to the Department of Energy's ENERGY STAR program.
- Reductions in air conditioning use help to reduce the "peak energy demand" on the power grid, reducing the need for new power plant construction.
- Cool roofs can reduce the effects of "Urban Heat Islands", where data shows that urban areas have higher ambient temperatures than surrounding rural areas because of their concentration of dark surfaces and the sparseness of vegetation (dark surfaces can be up to 70F hotter on a warm summer day than reflective, "cool" surfaces).