You Know It’s Time to Replace Your Roof When
KANSAS CITY, KAN. – Gaping holes and messy leaks are two obvious signs that a roof needs to be replaced. But, sometimes the signs are less obvious. According to experts at DaVinci Roofscapes®, there are some “insider tips” for knowing when it’s time to replace your roof.
“Certainly if your roof in approaching the end of its life cycle — which is usually 20 – 25 years for asphalt shingles — it’s time to think about a new roof,” says Ray Rosewall, president and CEO of DaVinci Roofscapes. “However, a calendar shouldn’t be the only way you determine if it’s time to replace your roof.”
According to Rosewall, you will want to seriously start thinking about replacing your roof with a synthetic roof when …
- Your neighbors have new roofs and you want to maintain the value of your home.
- Your neighbors have not added a new roof and you want to increase the resale value of your home.
- Your geographic area has seen an increase in severe weather conditions, (including hail or tornados) that require a stronger roofing material to handle the dramatic weather changes.
- Your existing roof is functional, but has staining that detracts from the look of your home.
- You want to switch to a low-maintenance roof that has a 50-year warranty.
- You don’t want to worry about wood rot caused by wood shakes and termites.
- Excessive snow in your area has caused substantial damage to your roof.
“Too often homeowners wait until their roofs are old and worn out before considering an upgrade,” says Rosewall. “Certainly curling, splitting and missing shingles are all warning signs that a roof needs to be replaced. However, with the changing weather patterns in our country combined with the need for homeowners to add value to their properties, consumers should be vigilant about looking for signs of wear along with upgrading their roofs.”
Rosewall recommends that, when researching new roof options, homeowners seriously consider low-maintenance synthetic roof systems. “Roofing tiles made from 100 percent pure virgin resins have consistency throughout each tile,” says Rosewall. “For DaVinci products, state-of-the-art UV stabilizers are embedded throughout the polymer to create a durable synthetic roofing tile which resists mold, algae, fungus and insects, with virtually no curling, fading and cracking so they’re headache-free.
“All DaVinci synthetic roofing tiles are backed a limited 50-year warranty, are Class A rated for fire retardance, Class 4 rated for impact resistant and have the highest ratings attainable for straight line wind testing at 110 mph. Just imagine having a beautiful, virtually maintenance-free slate or shake synthetic roof that adds value to your home while protecting it from severe weather conditions!”
DaVinci Roofscapes has manufactured award-winning synthetic slate and shake roofing since 1999. The polymer roofing tiles are virtually maintenance free and far more cost effective than the natural product. DaVinci leads the industry in tile thickness, the tile width variety and the greatest selection of subtle earth-toned colors. For additional information call 1-800-328-4624 or visit our website.