DaVinci has been the leader in composite roofing for nearly two decades. You won't find a more realistic or better-performing roofing product anywhere.
Get the look you’ve always dreamed of … DaVinci was made for your home. We want to help you be absolutely sure that your DaVinci roof is exactly what you envisioned.
From education programs to installations details, we specialize in supporting you in creating projects that make you look good.
Experienced DaVinci representatives are available to assist with product or color selection, finding a contractor or project timing … we're here to help.
When you think exterior color, don't limit your thoughts to just the house. Color can turn a backyard into an outdoor living space that you can enjoy all summer.
A creative combination of hues can cleverly transform a space into an inviting haven for entertaining, dining and relaxing. There are an endless array of options in furnishings, finishes and accessories and the colors you choose play a large part in the overall statement your space makes.
It is easier than you might think to use color to create an outdoor space that suits you and your home. Here are some tips to get you started:
1. Look around Stand in your outdoor space and look around at the colors of your home’s exterior and the property surrounding the space you are decorating. Make note of the existing walls, pavement, water, flowers, and landscape. Incorporating the color and style of these elements into your plan right from the start is a jumping off point for your creative vision and ensures that the final design fits well into the space.
2. Extend the indoors out Creating a harmonious color scheme is a great way to simultaneously connect your indoors out. You probably think about how color flows from one room into another within your home. But what about your outdoor space? By coordinating your patio or porch furnishings with the adjoining indoor rooms you create a seamless transition between the indoors and outdoors.
3. Let the sunshine in…Or should you? Pay attention to the intensity of the sun. A shady space can handle a quieter more serene palette, while a patio with full sun may need brighter colors to come alive.
4. Make it pop What’s the best way to brighten up the backyard? Do you match the brick/siding/retaining walls or contrast them? Should you stay with one color or create complementary looks? Unless you are going for a very playful or whimsical look, limit your palette to two to three colors. Choosing one main color in a variety of shades along with one or two accent colors is the easiest way to create a great look. If you want to make a statement, use bolder colors as accents, which can make even traditional pieces seem unique and fresh.
5. In the mood Think about the mood you want to create. Do you enjoy the intimacy of entertaining with friends, or are you looking for a colorful space that your children will enjoy? Your color palette can set the tone for how your space is defined, whether you want to relax, entertain, dine or play. Neutrals and metallics add glamour and a feeling of luxury ideal for an “adult” themed space. Hues such as oranges and other upbeat brights work for a family gathering where kids play.
Those first five tips should have your well on your way to creating an inviting outdoor area. In Part 2, you will get some additional ideas about selecting your outdoor furnishings and accessories.
Are you ready for dining al fresco or lounging on the patio? Now is the time to get your space ready so you can enjoy the lazy days of summer.
Color Expert Kate Smith lends her expertise to DaVinci Roofscapes; a company that has manufactured award-winning synthetic slate and shake roofing since 1999. The polymer roofing tiles are virtually maintenance free and far more cost effective than the natural product. DaVinci leads the industry in tile thickness, the tile width variety and the greatest selection of subtle earth-toned colors. Company products have a 50-year warranty and are 100 percent recyclable.
Tell us about your new masterpiece and your DaVinci Experience.