|Do we sell information to third parties?|
|Do we use information to provide you with products, services, and information that you request?|
|Do you have the ability to opt-out of receiving marketing material from us?|
|Do we take reasonable measures to secure your information?|
|Can we share your information with subcontractors, law enforcement, and others as permitted or required by law?|
- DaVinci, means Westlake DaVinci Roofscapes LLC.
- We, our, and us means DaVinci, which operates the website https://www.davinciroofscapes.com.
- You and our means any individual who visits, or contacts, DaVinci, and provides DaVinci, with Information, as defined herein.
- Information means Personal Information or Business Information about you that we collect.
- Personal Information means your name in conjunction with your mailing address, city, state, zip code, and e-mail address. If you purchase a product or service from DaVinci, this may also include your credit card number, your credit card expiration date, and/or your credit card’s security code.
- Business Information means any confidential or proprietary information about your business or customers that you provide to us in order for us to provide services or products to you, your business or your customers. If you establish an account with us, or purchase a product or service from us for yourself or your customer, Business Information may also include your credit information, your or your customers’ credit information or your or their credit card number, credit card expiration date, and/or credit care security code.
- Subcontractors means a third party that is not owned or controlled by DaVinci, but that has been retained to provide certain services on our behalf. Subcontractors do not have the right to use the Information that we collect beyond what is necessary to assist us. Subcontractors are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of the Information that we collect and are restricted from using the Information in any way not expressly authorized by DaVinci.
- Opt-in means a choice that you can make to allow the sharing or use of some, or all, of your Information. Your ability to opt-in is explained in greater detail below.
- Opt-out means a choice that you can make to prevent the sharing or use of some, or all, of your Information. Your ability to opt-out is explained in greater detail below.
- Third Party means an entity that is not owned or controlled by us.
- What is Not Information.
- Information Property of DaVinci. You are granted a limited, nonexclusive, revocable license, to access and make personal, nom-commercial use of the contents of the DaVinci website (the “Site”), including the various ‘tools’ and ‘devices’ and the Custom Color Tool which allows you to ‘blend’ several different colors from DaVinci’s color palette into a custom shade. The license granted pursuant to the foregoing sentence shall permit you to purchase DaVinci products in accordance with its usual procedures and at the prices then applicable using the custom shade. Any custom shade devised by you on the Site is not Information and does not belong to you. All such custom shades (“Content”) shall be the property of and shall belong to DaVinci for all purposes and DaVinci shall have the right to use, replicate, exploit, manufacture, sell, promote, license and distribute products using the Content in those shades and in general make use of the Content as though the Content was created by created by DaVinci, its employees or consultants. Such Content may not be used by you for any other purpose whatsoever and you agree to such limitations. The license does not include any rights to modify, download, copy or resell the Content, the Site, or any portion thereof; to commercially use the Content, the Site, or any portion thereof; use any robot, spider, data miner, crawler, scraper or other automated means to access or index the Site or its systems, the Content or any portion or derivative thereof for any purpose; interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site. The attempt to do any of the foregoing shall terminate the license.
- Collection of Information.
- Our General Purpose for Collecting Information. We collect Information from you, and about you, in order to provide you with products, services, and information that you request, and in order to enhance your online experience.
- The Sources from Which We Collect Information. We collect Information in the following ways:
- Non-Automatic Collection. We may collect Information by asking you to fill out a form online. We may also collect Information by asking you to provide Information to us by e-mail, phone, or mail.
- Collection of Information from Children. We do not seek information from children. If you are under 18 you should not provide us with any Information.
- Use of Information.
- To Provide Products or Services. If you agree to receive a product or service from us we will use your Information to provide you with the products or services that you requested.
- To Process Payment for Products or Services. We currently do not collect credit card information over the internet. We collect this information in phone calls with you directly. In the event that you or your business or its customers agree to pay a fee for a particular product or service that DaVinci provides, we may use the Information, such as credit card number, credit card expiration date, or credit card security code, to process the payment of that fee.
- To Track Usage. We may track how you use our site. In addition, we may aggregate the Information that you provide with the Information that other users provide in order to conduct research, analysis, or studies for our own purposes (i.e., not related to providing you with specific products or services).
- To Provide DaVinci Marketing Information to You. We may ask you if you would like to opt-in to receive news and information about DaVinci, or news and information about products or services offered by DaVinci. If you opt-in to receive such information, we will use the Information to provide you with information that we determine, in our sole judgment, may be of interest to you.
- Your Ability to Opt-Out from Receiving DaVinci Marketing Information. At any time you may choose to opt-out from receiving news and information about DaVinci. For your convenience we have provided you with two ways to opt-out of receiving materials from us. First, when you opt-in to receiving information from DaVinci, we send you an email confirmation that contains information, including a web link, on how to “unsubscribe.” Second, you can click on an “opt-out” link provided at the bottom of every commercial e-mail that you receive from DaVinci. Regardless of how you opt-out, you will be dropped from DaVinci’s e-mail list for all communications, within 10 days of your communication to us.
- Sharing your Information.
- Generally. We do not rent, sell, or share Information with other people or companies, except in the situations described below.
- Blogs, and Online Postings. You may choose to submit a comment on a DaVinci blog, or an on-line customer review. Any Information you choose to post may be available generally to the public.
- Sharing Your Information with Subcontractors. From time to time we may share Information with subcontractors that provide us with services. These services may include, among other things, helping to provide services that you request, helping to create or maintain our databases, and helping to research and analyze the people who request products, services or information from us.
- Sharing Your Information with Law Enforcement. We may report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we reasonably believe to be unlawful, or that we reasonably believe may aid a law enforcement investigation into unlawful activity. In addition, we reserve the right to release Information to law enforcement agencies if we determine, in our sole judgment, that either you have violated our policies, or the release of your Information may protect the rights, property or safety of DaVinci, you, or another person.
- Sharing Your Information as Permitted by Law. We may share your Information with others as required by, or permitted by, law. This may include sharing your Information with governmental entities, or third parties in response to subpoenas, court orders, other legal process, or as we believe is necessary to exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims that have been brought against us, or to defend against possible legal claims that we determine in our sole discretion might be brought against us.
- Transfers. In the event that DaVinci, or substantially all of DaVinci’s assets, are acquired, your Information will be transferred to the acquiring company. In such a situation, you will be provided with notice that a transfer of your Information is imminent, and you will be given an opportunity to opt-out of the transfer of your Information.
- Removal of Your Information. Once you have provided Information to us, we may store and maintain that Information until you direct us to do otherwise or until we decide to do otherwise.
- Notice. If DaVinci is required to provide you with notice of a particular event or incident, DaVinci will send you that notice by email, telephone, or mail.
- Other Websites. Our Site, or our e-mails, may link to third parties’ websites. It is also possible that third parties’ websites or e-mails may link to our Site. We are not responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by third parties. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of these websites before transmitting any Information to Third Parties.
Effective Date: 1/12/2012