From The Architect’s Corner – How Can Our Tiles Contribute to LEED® Certification
Steep slope roofing products, like our slate roof and shake roof systems can contribute toward LEED® certification. So, how many potential points can be earned?
DaVinci products may contribute toward LEED New Construction in the following areas:
- SS 7.2 – Heat Island Effect, Roof: Reduce heat islands to minimize impact on microclimate and human and wildlife habitat. Cool Weathered Gray blend meets an SRI of >29. (1 point)
- WE 1.1-1.2 – Water Efficient Landscaping: Products work well with captured rain systems for reduction in potable water. (1-2 points)
Materials and Resources:
- MR 2.1- 2.2 – Construction Waste Management: Divert 50-75% from Landfill. (1-2 points)
- MR 3.1-3.2 – Resource Reuse 5-10%: If product is removed carefully, they can be reused. (1-2 points)
- MR 5.1-5.2 – Regional Materials: Composite slate and composite shake products manufactured in Kansas City, KS – Projects within 500 miles of plant. (1-2 points)
Contact us to learn more about our eco friendly roof products!