Prevent Common Cold Weather Roof Issues
With winter upon us, we thought that it might be an opportune time to offer some roofing tips when it comes to common cold weather roof issues. Often times, depending on the type of roofing material, like a wood shake roof, you have on your home, you can have different issues. However, for simplicity reasons, we'll quickly address how to prevent common cold weather roof issues:
- Snow avalanches off your roof – These can be prevented by installing snowguards.
- Ice build up on the eaves – This is called an "ice dam" – these can be prevented with proper attic insulation and ventilation.
- Water inside your home – One of the first things to check are your gutters – if your gutters are clogged, then you will have leaks inside your home over time.
- Icicles hanging from your gutters – Similar to ice dams, this problem can be solved by cleaning out your gutters, making sure they are free of debris and leaves.
- Condensation – Often times if your roof is not properly ventilated, you can have condensation problems from the warm air inside your home, hits the cold surface of your roof. Roof vents and other venting options can be retro-added to your roof to help with this issue.
Do you own a DaVinci 50 year roof? How do you like it? We'd love to hear the story about how you decided on a DaVinci roof.