Shopping List for Your Roof
You head to the grocery store with a written list of food items to purchase, so why can’t you do that when it comes to buying a designer roof? You can!
DaVinci Roofscapes has created a roofing checklist for you that makes it easy to see the benefits of composite roofing products when compared to any other products. Here’s your checklist:
– Weight: Ranging from 182 to 356 pounds per square (depending on the product and the exposure) polymer roofing weighs about the same as asphalt shingles. However, it’s significantly less in weight that quarried slate (which can weigh 2,000 pounds per square!).
– Thickness: Thanks to a ribbed structure on the underside, synthetic shake and imitation slate tiles from DaVinci appear to be as thick as natural materials, but they aren’t as heavy in most cases.
– Colors: With DaVinci composite roofing, you can choose from 50 standard color options, or have a custom color created. You can also select from an existing blend of several colors, or custom create your own blend. Bundles are color-coordinated at the factory, saving roofers time at the job site and ensuring a random variation of colors across the roof.
– Warranty: At DaVinci, we stand behind our products for a lifetime … that’s why we offer a transferable lifetime limited warranty on our simulated shake roofing and composite slate roofing materials.
– Fire Resistance: Based on actual fire tests, DaVinci tiles have earned a Class A rating, which is the highest resistance to flame spread and makes our products suitable even for wildland-urban interface zones.
– Wind Rating: Our durable Eco-friendly roof materials can withstand winds of up to 110mph.
– Impact Resistance: Here’s where DaVinci products really shine with a Class 4 impact rating. Both our sturdy shake alternative and imitation slate roof products can withstand hail, failing tree limbs and even workers walking on your roof!
– Pests and Growth: Nonporous polymer tiles discourage algae, moss, lichen and fungi, and will not harbor wood-eating insects.
– Recycled Content: None. DaVinci uses virgin polymers to ensure optimum performance and longevity. Only the starter course tiles (which are not generally seen) include recycled content. And yes, at the end of their life, all of our polymer tiles are 100% recyclable.
– Insurance Discounts: Because of synthetic slate and shake’s resistance to impact and fire spread, many insurance companies offer discounts on homeowners insurance to those people with our sustainable roofing.
Shopping list complete! For more details on polymer roof tiles, see Multi-Width DaVinci Shake Tiles – Providing a “Premium Shake” Look to Your Home and DaVinci Slate Roofing Rivals Natural Slate.