Exploring Alternative Roofing Materials
Congratulations. You’re one of those roofers. The same old thing isn’t good enough for you. Or for your clients. So you spend time researching alternative roofing materials for the best aesthetics and durability you can find. And, because you work on all types of home styles, you need this miracle product to work with all types of roof styles.
Here’s the good news. Composite roofing is the answer.
Made of pure virgin resins, UV and thermal stabilizers, along with a highly specialized fire retardant, DaVinci Roofscapes tiles offers supreme aesthetics. When it comes to DaVinci Shake, deep grooves and realistic grain patterns combine to create dramatic shadows and visual richness that’s sure to wow your clients. Modeled from actual pieces of slate, DaVinci Slate tiles offer a natural non-repeating beauty.
Don’t just take our word for it. Here’s what homeowners with DaVinci composite roofing materials on their homes have to say:
- “I love the way the composite slate roof looks and have already recommended this roofing to others. People see the DaVinci Single-Width Slate from the street and they can’t believe it’s not real slate!” — Scot Steele
- “The look of the DaVinci Shake product is very realistic. It immediately made our house look newer and increased our curb appeal.” — Gerardo Contreras
- “Lisa and I decided to invest in a Select Shake roof because of its realistic appearance. The durability of the synthetic material also won us over.” — Richard Schmidt
Homeowners Appreciate Composite Roofing Durability
Now, here’s the better news. All this composite beauty comes with enhanced durability.
Alternative roofing materials from DaVinci are tested to meet Miami-Dade County NOA. Those are the toughest roofing product tests in the nation. And all DaVinci products have passed these tests. That means you can build different types of roof styles, in different marketplaces, without having to worry about performance.
In addition, the durable roof material from DaVinci is Class A fire resistant and Class 4 impact resistant. That means neither embers from burning wildfires or hail will damage these composite roofing materials. And, since they’ve passed the High Velocity Hurricane Zone: TAS 125 test, for winds up to 180 mph, you know you have an unbelievably strong roof.
Severe weather resistant, synthetic alternative roofing materials have generated these comments from homeowners:
- “The DaVinci slate roofing product has provided us with the durability to handle our unpredictable weather plus enhanced the architectural look of our home.” — Kevin Riley
- “This roof has been put through the test. In June of 2019 we had winds up to 75mph. Even though the entire neighborhood looked like a war zone, my DaVinci roof was intact. To say I’m pleased with the durability of this roof over the past decade is an understatement. It not only has the perfect aesthetic appeal for my home, but it also stands up to Mother Nature again and again!” — Janice Barger
- “We’re pleased that our roofing contractor introduced us to the DaVinci product. Both the style and durability of the multi-width shake convinced us to invest in this roofing.” — Sarah Doe
Fellow Roofers Back the Benefits of Alternative Roofing Materials
While homeowners are enthusiastic about the aesthetics and durability of their composite roofs, as a roofer, you’re most likely interested in what other roofers have to say. We understand. You want to hear from fellow professionals in the field about what they think of alternative roofing materials. Here’s what some roofers have to say:
In the aftermath of brutal weather in 2022, Jake Daniels, owner of Classic Construction & Consulting in Minnesota, had the opportunity to re-roof side-by-side homes. What did Jake do to put the homeowners’ minds at ease?
“Real cedar shingles just can’t stand up to Mother Nature’s fury,” says Daniels. “We immediately recommended impact-resistant DaVinci Roofscapes products to both homeowners. With the authentic look of cedar shakes, but the durability of composite materials, they’ll never have to worry about another hail storm again.”
“The DaVinci synthetic slate and shake products are a good investment for homeowners,” says Martin, president of Action Roofing. “These roofs are Class A fire and Class 4 impact resistant. They resist high winds, severe weather conditions and salt air/sea spray. Plus there’s no cracking, curling or splitting of their tiles. With their Lifetime Limited Material Warranty, that’s a product we fully support.”
Finally, from Sunrise, Florida, a state known for terrible weather events, Al Christiano with Empire Roofing shares,
“I’m a big believer in polymer roofing products for our geographic area. The security that comes from this community now having these DaVinci roofs overhead is unmatched. Homeowners get peace-of-mind, low maintenance and years of guaranteed top performance.”
DaVinci Composite Roofing Offers Aesthetic Beauty and Reliable Durability
If you’re looking for even more examples of aesthetic beauty of alternative roofing materials, DaVinci is happy to help. Be sure to check out the winners of our DaVinci Masterpiece Contractors 2022 Project of the Year awards. You’ll discover all types of roof styles plus show-stopping homes that are the perfect inspiration for your next project.
And, to learn more about the durability of alternative roofing materials, listen to the “Wind, Hail and Fire” podcast on RoofersCoffeeShop.com.