Tips for Working with Your HOA to Get Your Roof Approved
Are you looking to get DaVinci lightweight roofing materials approved for your home, but you have to go through your Home Owner's Association (HOA) and get their approval first?
Here are some tips for working with your HOA to get your roof approved:
- CC&R's (covenants, conditions and restrictions) – be sure to read the rules and regulations of the areas of property restrictions.
- Property Management Company – Check with your neighborhood's property management company to see what the proper procedure is for getting your roofing project approved. Be sure to ask the – who, what, where and whens! Find the forms you need to fill out and get an idea of the approval process timeline.
- Colors – Colors are huge for HOAs. Make sure the color you want for your house has the potential to be approved. Our color expert, Kate Smith, has written a great blog on this topic that you might find very helpful – How To Get Your Colors Approved By Your HOA: Quickly and Easily
In addition, here are a few additional blog posts about HOAs and roof's that you might enjoy reading:
- New Trend for HOAs – Polymer Shake!
- Custom Tile Roofs Keep Up with Changing HOA Guidelines in Your Neighborhood
Did you go through an approval process with your HOA for a DaVinci designer roof? How did it go? What were your challenges?